- Hey! I'm Shannon. I live in Cleveland, Ohio with my husband, Steve. To find the long version click here.
1. So much came together in terms of planning for the next 6-8 months over the weekend, I cannot believe it. Its been a rush and I have been super busy scouring ebay and cussing people out for out bidding me at literally the last second. I even pulled off the highway after work today to bid on an item (responsibility, first people!) and my silly Iphone refused to update and I lost FOUR items in a 5 minute period. Sheesh.
2. I am playing around with a business model at the moment. I am looking into opening a shop, with a wide range of items. But its in the primary stages (aka in my mind) I’m still rolling it around my brain deciding if it would be a worth it endeavor. Stay tuned for details!
3. Holy migraines this week! I finally cut out ALL meat and got back to my healthy vegetarian diet, not my chips and soda vegetarian diet. I was still sneaking pepperoni (I know the worst meat ever) on my pizza, but this week that ended. I am detoxing all over the place. In the morning I make Steve and I our super packed shake (bananas, strawberries, blueberries, spinach, kale, amazing grass ORAC super foods powder, EFA omega 3,6,9, Spirulina, and local honey. Phew!) and then I take an almond butter sammy and green juice (cucumber, kale, spinach, romaine, 1 apple) to work and then I let myself have whatever we have for dinner, although this week I have been trying to stick to healthier options. My boss even gave me $10 to Starbucks and I have yet to touch it :)
4. I have been a (mostly) vegetarian, vegetarian for a year. I wish I could say I was rail thin and just loving life but I’ve honestly gained more weight because it was so easy to eat Pizza and Mac and Cheese than to truly commit to a true healthy life style. Eating healthy is getting easier now that I am making time for it (getting up earlier!) but it is still a work in progress.
5. I starting my “4th” year of memory keeping. This will be the first year that I am going to be keeping the memories as we make them and this is such a good year to start! I am caught up to date (I made traditional scrapbooks for the first 2 years that Steve and I were together and then I started project life with year 3 but I started this past March so I had to work backwards from March to the previous August and to be honest I hate that part of my PL album. Its not weekly and I was not all that wonderful about taking pictures all the time and we live a pretty boring, hot, sweaty life here in Texas. So there wasn’t much to fill that part but the album is still some how THICK. It was a perfect time to start year 4 because year 3 is busting out of the seems!
I told you the pictures would get better! This is back from June, back when Steve and I did our juice fast – which seems like ages ago! You can read about the whole process here. Pretty simple, pictures + bits put into pockets, some embellishments – into the book this week went. Enjoy!
1. Little girl named Fi being a hammy ham and older sister Kat in the background. 2. My closest in age cousin, Keara.
These are my last two favorites that I will be posting in the portrait series from Ohio. These are my two (kind of three) beautiful cousins. Fi had no idea who I was (it had been 7 months since I had been back to Ohio) and in a 2 year olds mind that is a lot of time. But once I brought out my camera, this little thing was lit up like a Christmas tree. I tried to snap a few shots of Kat and Fi together but i had to be very close to them and they were so so excited to go see fireworks that they were literally bouncing during all of the shots. This shot of Keara is one of my favorites from a portrait session we did in 3 minutes on the day that I was supposed to fly out of Ohio. It was about 100 degrees outside and she was quite a trooper for me.
Side note: As always you can click images to view them in a larger format and with more clarity. Lately WordPress has been muddling my images. I am working to correct it now.
Whenever I sneak off to do something in the kitchen or to throw in some laundry, as of late, I can bet that as I turn the corner to enter the little corridor to our bedroom that there will be light spilling onto the carpet from the music room. I love Steve’s passion about music, that there is always a melody running through his head that he is trying to working out, tweaking and tinkering with the chords. I am such a lucky girl :]
When I was trying to make my way back from Ohio to Texas my flights we delayed so far that I was able to spend an entire extra day with my folks. It was wonderful on the family side, not so wonderful on my job side (all is right with the world now, though). I was able to sneak in some photo snapping and the above are a few of my favorites. The grill picture and the candle thing are actually for you Uncle Joe and Aunt Pat :]. Enjoy!
It so strange to think from these 2 people came the person I know as my mom, and the people that I know as my “mom’s side of the fam”. No matter what talking to my gram always makes my day better. My grandfather, a retired carpenter from GM, is a work horse. He just recently built an entire deck on the back of their home, pretty much by himself in his late 70’s (I have pictures that I’ll post of that amazing project soon). And my gram, oh man my gram, she is one of the funniest people I know and she always has some of the best advice. Love them so much.